Kirche San Güerg Lavin

Kirchenmalereien Lavin

3 Bilder anzeigen

The church of Lavin with its restored paintings from 1490 to 1500, is one of the most famous and worth seeing art monuments in Graubünden. On the church tour you will get an insight into the history of the church as well as the village.


The church was built around 1480. A little later, the choir walls, the choir vault and the choir arch front wall were painted over the entire surface, presumably by an Upper Italian master. The result is a cycle of images which, thanks to its quality and original symbol reproduction, can be counted among the most valuable works of art in Graubünden. In 1529, when Lavin was introduced to the Reformation, the paintings were completely painted over with lime whitewashes. From 1955 to 1956, on the occasion of a church renovation, the cycle of paintings was rediscovered, uncovered and restored. Remarkable is the rare depiction of Jesus Christ with the three interlocking faces as a Trinity symbol.


Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel

  • With the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) from Zernez or Sucol every hour to Lavin.


  • From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
  • From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
  • From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27

Lavin can be reached from the Engadinerstrasse H27


  • Free parking available at the train station


Kirche San Güerg Lavin

Pro San Jörg, 7543 Lavin

Verantwortlich für diesen Inhalt Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
Dieser Inhalt wurde automatisiert übersetzt.

Outdooractive Logo

Diese Webseite nutzt Technologie und Inhalte der Outdooractive Plattform.