Public Facility

Tower la Praschun

Turm la Praschun
The La Praschun tower, which literally means prison, stands at the eastern end of the village of Susch.


Seating niches on a small window on the second floor of the west wall, the remains of a wooden abortuary next to it and a baking oven protruding outwards and resting on wooden beams indicate that the tower was once habitable.

The tower, built of rubble stones, dates from the 12th or 13th century. It has a square ground plan with a wall length of 7.5 metres. The wall thickness is 1.3 metres on the ground floor and tapers to around 1 metre on the upper two floors. Narrow embrasures and square windows are still visible on the façades. The large windows on the east and north sides are more recent, as is the present entrance on the south side.On the second floor, a panelled dance hall with an esplanade and a platform for the musicians was installed in the 18th century.

In post-medieval times, prison cells were built into the ground floor of the tower, later it served as an ammunition store and from 1849 as a fire station. Today the tower is empty and owned by the municipality.


Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel

  • Susch train station stop - from there on foot


  • Parking facilities in the village


Verantwortlich für diesen Inhalt Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.

Outdooractive Logo

Diese Webseite nutzt Technologie und Inhalte der Outdooractive Plattform.