On the 1st of August, the Swiss National Day is celebrated throughout Switzerland. The village market with a varied supporting program in the car free village offers guests colourful impressions and experiences during the day. The CVP national council Martin Candinas holds the ceremonial speech for the Swiss National Day in the evening.
Due to the corona situation, there is an event protection concept for the attractions at the village market during the day and for the ceremonial speech in the evening, which is continuously adapted to the recommendations and specifications of the Federal Office of Public Health.
Program 1st August
Village market and attractions from 10.00 - 17.00 p.m.
- Swiss tradition: Swisswood-Alphorns
- Exhibition of the Samnaun mountain railways
- Oldtimer tractors
- Live music
- Comedy with Fabio Landert
- Children's program
- Helicopter sightseeing flights with Helibernina
- and many more
- Local map with the detailed program for 1st August (follows)
Evening program at the fairground
- 20:00 p.m. lantern procession for children
- 20:45 p.m. musical prelude with the Samnaun music society and alphorn players
- 21:15 p.m. celebratory speech with CVP national council Martin Candinas
- fireworks and bonfires
Extra buses at 22:30 p.m. and 23:30 from the bus stop «Samnaun Dorf, Musella» in direction to Samnaun-Compatsch.
CVP national council Martin Candinas holds the ceremonial speech this year: