Since its premiere in 2005, the TRANSALPINE-RUN has been regarded as one of the greatest challenges for mountain and trail runners and has gained the reputation of an international, highly professional and emotionally intensive event for all participants. The route leads in seven daily stages over mountain passes of up to 3000 meters and through beautiful valleys across the main ridge of the Alps and will demand everything from the participants. A distance of about 265 km and 15'000 meters of altitude difference are covered in the ascent. The runners cross the Alps in teams of two, from Germany to Austria, Switzerland to Italy through a total of 4 countries.
The Transalpine Run alternates on two different routes and therefore makes a stop in Samnaun every second year. The next Transalpine Run in Samnaun will probably take place in September 2021.
Review of 15 years Transalpine-Run 2019
- Oberstdorf (GER) – Lech am Arlberg (AUT)
- Lech am Arlberg (AUT) – St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT)
- St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT) – Landeck (AUT)
- Landeck (AUT) – Samnaun (CH)
- Bergsprint Samnaun (CH) – Bergstation Alp Trida (CH)
- Samnaun (CH) – Scuol (CH)
- Scuol (CH) – Prad am Stilfserjoch (ITA)
- Prad am Stilfserjoch (ITA) – Sulden am Ortler (ITA)