Engadinerstrasse, 7560 Vinadi - Valsot
Excursion "back to the Middle Ages" to the castle Altfinstermünz. The natural cave, the rock passage and the bridge tower are just some of the attractions to be expected. Stories of the Romans and smugglers in the border triangle of Italy - Switzerland - Austria.
Finstermünz is a medieval court site and border fortress in the Finstermünz Gorge of the same name. The fortress is located in the municipality of Nauders at the foot of the Finstermünz Pass, where the old road from the Reschen Pass in the direction of Pfunds and Landeck, which was used until 1854, reaches the Inn River, which here forms the border between the Tyrol (Austria) and the Grisons (Switzerland). Here was already before the 10th century a court seat for the region of Lower Engadine, Nauders and Pfunds.
In addition to guided tours, an audio guide is also available.
More information about opening hours and prices
Group tours are offered weekly, and can be arranged at any time by appointment.
Open from mid-May to the end of September:
- Tuesday - Sunday from 11.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
- Monday closed
Details and special events on request.
- By PostBus from Scuol/Martina in the direction of Samnaun. Vinadi bus stop.
- From Pfunds by bus via Kajetansbrücke direction Martina, bus stop Vinadi.
- By car from Scuol via border crossing Martina in the direction of Pfunds. Parking at Gasthof Vinadi (exit Samnaun).
- From Landeck/Pfunds via border crossing Pfunds/Kajetansbrücke direction Switzerland. Drive to Gasthof Vinadi.
The easiest way is at the Vinadi Inn. Individual stops along the road.
Verantwortlich für diesen Inhalt Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
Diese Webseite nutzt Technologie und Inhalte der Outdooractive Plattform.