Alps and huts around Samnaun
In the west of Samnaun stands a curiosity: The Heidelberg Hut in the Fimba Valley is owned by the German Alpine Club, Heidelberg Section, stands as the only DAV hut on Swiss soil and is managed by the Austrian Alois Eiter and his team.
The Heidelberg Hut
Refreshment stops around Samnaun
Around Samnaun there are various alps, which invite you to stay.
High above the Inn Valley lies the Kobler Alpe. From Samnaun you can reach the alp by bike via Gstalden with a great view of the Inn Valley and the Reschen Pass.
This is part of good preparation
The equipment is the be-all and end-all and can be decisive for how the tour goes
- Blister plaster, tape, emergency first aid kit
- ev. lighter
- ev. pocket knife
- Spare T-shirt
- rain jacket and pants
Material / Miscellaneous
- Hiking backpack (size: 20 liters or as needed)
- Maps or Outdooractive app on smartphone
- Drinking bottle or drinking system (at least 1.5 liters)
- Food (fruit, chocolate)
- possibly binoculars
- rain cover for the backpack
- possibly hiking sticks